Thursday, July 8, 2010

4th of July Weekend Wrap-Up

Holy lazy, Batman!  It was pointed out to me that I didn't finish my blog series from my Washington, D.C. excursion.  So I present to you the final installment of Seeing the Washing Tin Can Party Live.

Sunday was an epic day: the sun was boiling in the sky, shimmering like an eye watering with the pride of freedom.  Grills were flaring up like the passion of independence.  The people were flowing through the streets like the blood in the heart of America.

I went with some of my friends to grill up some dogs and burgs, kept it very classic.  I went from there to another grilling party and the excitement for the day kept amping up.  I ended the night at a third party, complete with store bought fireworks and trip to the parking garage of American University.

That's right, I didn't go to the mall.  I understand, you're probably wondering why I didn't experience the fireworks live in the best way possible.  But hear me out.

From the top of the parking garage we could see the main fireworks, as well as a few other shows, with a small group of D.C. locals.  We avoided the huge crowds.  We sang a moving version of God Bless America.  And we didn't have to fight our way home.  Kinda sexy, yeah?

Overall, this weekend was one of the best I've ever had.  I'm still recovering from the epic trips through the city.  The worst part?  I still have to wait a month and a half before I return.  I'm sure you're weeping for me.

For great pictures of the fireworks spectacle, check out Ben Miller's blog

No comments:

Post a Comment