Monday, June 7, 2010

Strange drawing

I am not an expert on art.  I am an enthusiast: I purvey, survey, and take away what I can, but never have I ever pretended to know a lick about styles, mediums, impressionism, and what have you.  I am flummoxed by modern art.  I do know, however, how a piece of art makes me feel.  And this picture makes me feel weird.


Dear God.

Is it erotic?  Is it trying to tell me something?  I hope that the owner of that foot has excellent hygiene habits.  I also feel bad and strangely about the licker.  They should probably be locked up and have socks taped tightly about their feet. 

Where is this, you ask?  In my favorite little coffee shop, Saxby’s Coffee.  There are a few locations around the east coast, it’s less known than Starbucks (an incredibly easy feat to manage) and the one I frequent plays neat hipster music and encourages local art.  I think they need to raise their standards, though.  I mean look at this.  Seeing it live can also be very, very strange.

2 comments:

  1. For some reason I see this as his own foot. Also, I don't think you took this picture. The arm in the reflection looks nothing like you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My coffee burned me and I got angry. You wouldn't like me when I'm angry...

    ReplyDelete