Monday, June 21, 2010

Paranoia

Today, Doylestown was filled with the strangest sights.  While I walked to lunch, a car pulled up to the stop sign ahead of me and the teenager in the passenger was staring directly at me, grinning his stupid head off. Looked like a maniac.  Big, toothy grin full of braces.  ...wait, was he mocking me?  Screw you, I'm feeling surly.

I turned the corner and saw a guy heading my direction.  Quickly, I gauged his stature to decide how I could pass him.  Smaller than me, looks like he's smiling, I can definitely give him the head flick and a grunted "How's it going".  Upon closer inspection, he wasn't smiling, he was grimacing.  And GLARING at me, like I done him some horrible wrong.  When we passed me, his eyes never left me and I heard him singing some old Irish folk song under his breath.  Worst of all, he was wearing Crocs.

I walked on, and felt like Simon Pegg walking through his zombie-stricken village in Shaun of the Dead.  I started humming "Don't Stop Me Now" to feel better.  Maybe that's what happened to Irish folk song guy, he got freaked out and started humming.  Perhaps this sort of thing gets passed along...

2 comments: